Dear walkers and friends
Meeting at 8.30am at the carpark of East Perth Bus Station on Saturday May 4th
PLEASE BRING A PACKED LUNCH WITH YOU FOR THIS DAY! (The only day we ask this 😉 just makes the whole thing easier coz we wont have time for a big communal lunch)
- Sleeping bag & mat
- Sunhat & sunscreen
- Warm and cool clothing (good idea to have a long-sleeve collared shirt for sun protection, and thermals, gloves, beanie. It gets cold at night out there!!)
- Some washing detergent/soap to wash undies when we have a chance (in buckets still with limited water)
- Wash Cloth – Desert Nanna Hot Tip # 1: Cutting up an old towel (or using a facewasher) for wash cloths is a great way to have a wash with very little water required – (coz we won’t be having many showers 🙂 )
- Personal spending money (Not many places to spend it!!)
- Blister care (we will have 1st aid kits with us, but idea gd to bring your own pawpaw/bandaid/blister care stuff)
PLEASE KEEP LUGGAGE TO A MINIMUM!
Desert Nanna Hot Tip #2: We are all gonna be stinky out there together – if you’re wanting to pack any extra clothing, just make it an extra pair of socks, long sleeve shirt, hat and make sure you have thermals&warm jumper)
It costs $80 for the bus (one way) 🙂 Payment for the bus would be welcome before we leave, deposits into FANG account with your last name and “bus” in the reference line.
Or just confirm with me that you will pay on the day..
If you’re getting a lift up with someone in their car, please arrange between yourselves to share petrol costs.
Payments are welcome now, or before we leave as the only atm you’ll have a chance to get to is in Kalgoorlie and Leonora.
Account Name: Fremantle Anti Nuclear Group
Account Number: 137443347
Reference: YOUR NAME
Give me a call or email if you have any more questions 🙂 Marcus: 0400 505 765 firstname.lastname@example.org
Its never to late to decide to come along!!!
But if it’s just not possible then please consider making a Tax deductible donation to support the walk..
Tax Deductible donations can be made to Walkatjurra Walkabout via Everyday Hero
PO Box 632
South Fremantle WA 6162
0400 505 765 Marcus
0401 909 332 K-A