If you haven’t already caught up on the great news, we managed to raise $4,790 towards buying and setting up the new kitchen truck. Many thanks to Sue Hanson for organising and all those who contributed.
We did have have couple of people ask if we were going to have a tax deductible option for donations as we have for the last couple of years.. We have set that up today that to Mia Pepper and CCWA mob.. So for all of you who wanted to make a tax deductible donation just CLICK HERE
If you are still thinking about coming on the walk NOW is the time to make a commitment.
1. Make sure you register! If you are coming on the walk, we need to know. We have started stocking up on food, sorting equipment, and getting the super exciting new kitchen truck set up. Many thanks to all walkers who have already paid a donation towards food and support costs, we couldn’t start the process without it.
2. There are only 4-5 places left on the bus out to the start of the walk. Get in quick if you need a ride. Email Marcus on email@example.com to secure a seat.
3. Start getting all your camping and walking gear ready. Make sure you have a had a read of the Information for participants. Be prepared for all sorts of weather – warm during the day and cold at night, with possibility of big rain. Have you got a tent or swag? A bed roll? Good shoes? Footwear is very important – might be worth going on a few longer walks beforehand to get fit and break them in.
4. Tell all your friends! Are you talking to everyone you know about the walk? It’s a pretty big deal, apart from walking long distances in a stunning landscape, supporting community development projects with an awesome indigenous ranger group and learning new skills out on country, we are building strong, resilient community based Resistance to stop the proposed mines in Northern Goldfields and keeping WA uranium mining free.
Have you thought about contacting your local paper to see if they are interested in running a story about your trip? Or having a potluck in your community to develop a bit of local support? The more people who know about it, the better 🙂
5. Get your best outfit ready for the “Yellowcake country” exhibition opening. We are making a night of it and celebrating the 5th anniversary of the walks and hosting a fund raising art auction for WANFA too. It’s going to be a great night for all on Friday 14th August at 6:30pm at the Moores Gallery in Fremantle.